Re: BUG #14510: found encoding issue

From: John McKown <john(dot)archie(dot)mckown(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: tanawat_w(at)mfec(dot)co(dot)th
Cc: pgsql-bugs <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: BUG #14510: found encoding issue
Date: 2017-01-24 15:03:18
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Tue, Jan 24, 2017 at 3:18 AM, <tanawat_w(at)mfec(dot)co(dot)th> wrote:

> Bug reference: 14510
> Logged by: Tanawat Wongjan
> Email address: tanawat_w(at)mfec(dot)co(dot)th
> PostgreSQL version: Unsupported/Unknown
> Operating system: window
>
> Hi ,
> my database used encoding WIN874 , but when i tried to open some
> schema on pgAdmin(version 1.16.1) i found this error 'ERROR: character 0X83
> of encoding "WIN874" has no equivalent in "UTF8"' and i tried to check and
> found this issue happening by some view on schema used thai language. Can
> you suggest how to fix or tell me if other version already fix this issue
> ?
>
> More information,
> Greenplum 4.3.2.1 (Postgres 8.2.15)

​I am not an "official speaker" for PostgreSQL, so you may want to wait a
bit for someone else to answer. But were you aware that pgAdmin is _not_ a
part of PostgreSQL? Neither is it supported by the PostgreSQL developers.
It is a "3rd party" application. If you want, you might look over this
page: https://www.pgadmin.org/support/

--
There’s no obfuscated Perl contest because it’s pointless.

—Jeff Polk

Maranatha! <><
John McKown