Re: Processing data from table using awk.

From: John McKown <john(dot)archie(dot)mckown(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Reid Thompson <Reid(dot)Thompson(at)ateb(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Processing data from table using awk.
Date: 2015-10-06 15:10:02
Lists: pgsql-general

On Tue, Oct 6, 2015 at 9:25 AM, Reid Thompson <Reid(dot)Thompson(at)ateb(dot)com>
wrote:

> On Tue, 2015-10-06 at 09:04 -0500, John McKown wrote:
>
> > I'm wanting to do some reporting on data which I have an a PostgreSQL
> table.
> > For lack of anything better, I've decided to see if I can do it in GNU
> awk.
>

> perhaps... note the 4th extension...
>
> https://www.gnu.org/software/gawk/manual/html_node/gawkextlib.html
> As of this writing, there are seven extensions:
>
> errno extension
> GD graphics library extension
> PDF extension
> PostgreSQL extension

​Thanks. I missed that. The GAWK documentation is a bit difficult to get
through. I depended way too much on a Google search.​

--

Schrodinger's backup: The condition of any backup is unknown until a
restore is attempted.

Yoda of Borg, we are. Futile, resistance is, yes. Assimilated, you will be.

Maranatha! <><
John McKown