Re: Mysterious table that exists but doesn't exist

From: Dale Fukami <dale(dot)fukami(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Mysterious table that exists but doesn't exist
Date: 2013-04-17 19:07:26
Lists: pgsql-general

> Hm ... there was a fix in 9.0.12 that might be relevant to this:
>
> http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git&a=commitdiff&h=5840e3181b7e6c784fdb3aff708c4dcc2dfe551d
> Whether that explains it or not, 9.0.5 is getting long in the tooth;
> you really need to think about an update. Especially in view of
> CVE-2013-1899.

Yeah, we've been in the process of planning the update in light of the
security fix. We're likely just making the jump to 9.2 in the process so
that'll be handled soon.

> I think you should update your PG version and then resync your standbys
> (ie, apply a fresh base backup) at the next convenient maintenance
> window.

We did apply a fresh base backup last night to ensure our current standbys
are in a good state. I was mostly wondering if there were some better way
to continually monitor the state of our standbys on an ongoing basis aside
from checking pg_last_xlog_receive_location, etc. I realize it's no small
task but thought maybe there was something I had missed.

In the end, I think this just helps nudge our upgrade along :)

Thanks for all the help!
Dale