Re: Displaying chat by punished users only to themselves (db fiddle attached)

From: Alexander Farber <alexander(dot)farber(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Displaying chat by punished users only to themselves (db fiddle attached)
Date: 2022-05-04 15:04:00
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi Ron,

On Wed, May 4, 2022 at 4:56 PM Ron <ronljohnsonjr(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> How do other web sites know to present only "my" data, even though they
> don't encode "my" user id in the URL?

that is the usual pattern with OAuth provided by: Facebook, Google, Amazon,
Huawei, etc...

After you auth with them in a game like mine, they give you a social
network id, which is a string. Noone else gets that str.

And then I (as game dev) use that str to id the user and when the user is
visiting my for the 1st time, I give him a numeric id in my game. And an
"auth" str generated by my game. Etc... it works ok.

Regards
Alex