Re: Displaying chat by punished users only to themselves (db fiddle attached)

From: Alexander Farber <alexander(dot)farber(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Displaying chat by punished users only to themselves (db fiddle attached)
Date: 2022-05-05 18:38:48
Lists: pgsql-general

Good evening, I still have a problem with my JOIN expression -
when I add more games, then messages from other games are displayed:

https://dbfiddle.uk/?rdbms=postgres_14&fiddle=e2ff211f59090d1eeab879498148f907

CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION words_get_chat(
in_gid integer,
in_uid integer
) RETURNS TABLE (
out_mine integer,
out_game text,
out_msg text
) AS
$func$
SELECT
CASE WHEN c.uid = in_uid THEN 1 ELSE 0 END,
'game #' || c.gid,
c.msg
FROM words_chat c
JOIN words_games g USING (gid)
JOIN words_users opponent ON (opponent.uid IN (g.player1,
g.player2) AND opponent.uid <> in_uid)
WHERE c.gid = in_gid
-- always show myself my own chat messages
AND c.uid = in_uid
-- otherwise only show messages by not muted opponents
OR NOT opponent.muted
ORDER BY c.created ASC;

$func$ LANGUAGE sql;

I have tried making the JOIN words_users opponent even more restrictive
with:

JOIN words_users opponent ON (opponent.uid IN (g.player1,
g.player2) AND in_uid IN (g.player1, g.player2) AND opponent.uid <> in_uid)

but still messages from the game #20 are displayed, even though I pass
in_gid = 10

Best regards
Alex