Re: Azure Database for PostgreSQL - how to add pgbouncer or similar?

From: Alexander Farber <alexander(dot)farber(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Azure Database for PostgreSQL - how to add pgbouncer or similar?
Date: 2019-06-29 15:33:40
Lists: pgsql-general

Thank you Adrian -

On Sat, Jun 29, 2019 at 3:59 PM Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com>
wrote:

> On 6/29/19 12:34 AM, Alexander Farber wrote:
>
> Not from within. Supported extensions:
>
> https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/postgresql/concepts-extensions
>
> Using search term 'azure postgresql connection pooler', a sample blog
> that shows another way:
>
> https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/postgresql/concepts-extensions
>

> Why not spin up a VM and install your own Postgres ?

I am just overwhelmed by the Azure, too many options there...

You are correct - I could easily create a Linux VM and install Postgres and
pgbouncer there :-)

But how to create the "cloudliness" then? I.e. how to automatically launch
additional VM instances automatically when the load is increasing? (and
still keep the database "in sync")

Regards
Alex