Re: Moving from PHP to Java: A result was returned when none was expected.

From: Alexander Farber <alexander(dot)farber(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Moving from PHP to Java: A result was returned when none was expected.
Date: 2016-06-15 19:07:10
Lists: pgsql-general

I only understand a quarter of what you guys are writing,
but to me the JDBC driver throwing SQLException
"A result was returned when none was expected"
when my stored function is declared as "void" with

CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION words_skip_game(
IN in_uid integer,
IN in_gid integer)
RETURNS void AS
$func$
BEGIN

is a strange decision. Why throw the exception, what's the benefit?

Even if PostgreSQL does not have stored functions (???),
why does not JDBC driver workaround that fact?

Regards
Alex