Value changed from Integer to Double

From: Karl Aschbacher <krlschbchr(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Value changed from Integer to Double
Date: 2024-03-11 09:21:15
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Dear all,

we are facing a problem that is maybe related to the postgres-odbc driver.
We use Oracle Analytics Server via ODBC to talk to a postgres Database (V15)
It appears that integers with more than 10 digits get converted to doubles
when the statment is being sent to the database.
So for example: "where id = 32857641330" will be converted to "where did =
3285764133.0 "

So my question is - does the driver play any role when preparing the
statement?
(Like providing the PG Type ?)
In case it does, would anyone have a suggestion where to look for the
potential issue?

many thanks
best regards
Karl