ownership of sequences by tables in pg_dumps?

From: Andrew Hammond <andrew(dot)george(dot)hammond(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: ownership of sequences by tables in pg_dumps?
Date: 2012-01-13 02:53:03
Lists: pgsql-general

Where foo is a number of different tables, I'm calling

pg_dump --format=custom --compress=9 --no-password
--file=public.foo.pgdump --table=public.foo --schema-only my_database

When I check the contents of that dump using

pg_restore -l public.foo.pgdump

in some cases it includes the foo_id_seq object and in others it does
not. How does pg_dump decide if an sequence is associated with a given
table or not?

Andrew