Re: Identity and Sequence

From: Michael Corey <michael(dot)corey(dot)ap(at)nielsen(dot)com>
To: "David G(dot) Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Identity and Sequence
Date: 2024-02-16 17:23:36
Lists: pgsql-general

By explicitly making a column an IDENTITY column it is going to make a
sequence behind the scenes even if one with a similar name exists. I tried
and it created part_tab_part_id_seq1. Is there no way to have it use the
original part_tab_part_id_seq? How do I get the data and the sequence in
sync?

--
Michael Corey