Re: Updates for PostgreSQL.org one-click installer download pages

From: "Rader, David" <davidr(at)openscg(dot)com>
To: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: "\"Marc Linster\"(at)EDB" <marc(dot)linster(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, "Jonathan S(dot) Katz" <jkatz(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>, Scott Mead <scottm(at)openscg(dot)com>, "pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Updates for PostgreSQL.org one-click installer download pages
Date: 2016-07-06 18:09:06
Lists: pgsql-www

Hmm. Certainly used to mean something different. And the Oracle Bare Metal
download is a Linux OS plus db.

So that whole sentence just says that the Windows Installer can be
installed on any Windows ? Now I understand why you were so worried about
the marketing content last week JD

On Wednesday, July 6, 2016, Joshua D. Drake <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com> wrote:

> On 07/06/2016 10:54 AM, Rader, David wrote:
>
>> I am concerned that the "bare metal" description is misleading to users,
>> since on both the Linux and Windows installers an OS is still required.
>> Suggesting that the installer can setup a full stack including OS will
>> be confusing.
>>

> Bare metal is an industry standard term for, "not virtualized".
>
> JD
>

> --
> Command Prompt, Inc. http://the.postgres.company/
> +1-503-667-4564
> PostgreSQL Centered full stack support, consulting and development.
> Everyone appreciates your honesty, until you are honest with them.

David Rader
davidr(at)openscg(dot)com