ActiveState Perl is not valid anymore to build PG17 on the Windows 10/11 platforms, So Documentation still suggesting it should be updated

From: Yasir <yasir(dot)hussain(dot)shah(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: ActiveState Perl is not valid anymore to build PG17 on the Windows 10/11 platforms, So Documentation still suggesting it should be updated
Date: 2024-07-16 11:46:46
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi Hackers,

Recently, I compiled PG17 on the windows. Till PG16 "ActiveState Perl", as
instructed in the documentation
<https://www.postgresql.org/docs/16/install-windows-full.html#INSTALL-WINDOWS-FULL-REQUIREMENTS>,
was being used successfully on the Windows 10/11 to compile PG.
However, it looks like that "ActiveState Perl" is not valid anymore to
compile PG17 on Windows 10/11 but documentation
<https://www.postgresql.org/docs/17/installation-platform-notes.html#WINDOWS-REQUIREMENTS>
still
suggests it. Therefore, I think documentation needs to be updated.
Moreover, I had to install "strawberry's perl" in order to compile PG17 on
Windows 10/11. Please check out the thread "errors building on windows
using meson
<https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/CADK3HHLQ1MNmfXqEvQi36D_MQrheOZPcXv2H3s6otMbSmfwjzg%40mail.gmail.com>"
highlighting the issue.

Regards...