Re: errors building on windows using meson

From: Yasir <yasir(dot)hussain(dot)shah(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: Dave Cramer <davecramer(at)gmail(dot)com>, Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, Imran Zaheer <imran44dev(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: errors building on windows using meson
Date: 2024-07-16 10:47:18
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, May 28, 2024 at 8:50 PM Imran Zaheer <imran44dev(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I was facing the same error when using active state perl for compiling
> postgres with meson on windows. I used active state perl because it was
> working fine for pg compilations until pg-16.
>
> Using choco strawberry perl solved my problem.
>
> Thanks
>
> Imran Zaheer
>
> On Wed, 29 May 2024 at 00:22, Dave Cramer <davecramer(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
>

>> On Thu, 7 Dec 2023 at 14:34, Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,

>>> "C:\\Users\\Administrator\\AppData\\Local\\activestate\\cache\\b9117b06\\exec\\perl.EXE"
>>> assistance.

I am facing the same issue while compiling the pg17. I have resolved this
issue by installing perl from "https://strawberryperl.com/".
In addition to installing the strawberry's perl, I had to adjust the
environment variable PATH values. That is, I had to give higher priority to
strawberry's perl bin paths.

(Please note that I haven't removed activestate's perl, or mingw's perl. So
whenever, I will need to build pg16 or lower, I have to
readjust activestate's perl bin path in the environment variable.)