Re: Ignore Visual Studio's Temp Files While Working with PG on Windows

From: Yasir <yasir(dot)hussain(dot)shah(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Josef Šimánek <josef(dot)simanek(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Ignore Visual Studio's Temp Files While Working with PG on Windows
Date: 2024-05-18 19:43:42
Lists: pgsql-committers pgsql-hackers

On Sat, May 18, 2024 at 7:27 PM Josef Šimánek <josef(dot)simanek(at)gmail(dot)com>
wrote:

> pá 17. 5. 2024 v 8:09 odesílatel Yasir <yasir(dot)hussain(dot)shah(at)gmail(dot)com>
> napsal:
> >
> > Hi Hackers,
> >
> > I have been playing with PG on the Windows platform recently. An
> annoying thing I faced is that a lot of Visual Studio's temp files kept
> appearing in git changed files. Therefore, I am submitting this very
> trivial patch to ignore these temp files.
>
> see
> https://docs.github.com/en/get-started/getting-started-with-git/ignoring-files#configuring-ignored-files-for-all-repositories-on-your-computer
> for various strategies

We can add it to "~/.config/git/ignore" as it will ignore globally on
windows which we don't want. Also we don't have ".git/info/exclude" in PG
project's so the best place left is projects's .gitignore. That's what was
patched.