Postgres fine tuning

From: Kanimozhi Manoharan <kanithilak(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-sql(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Postgres fine tuning
Date: 2024-05-31 05:42:19
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hi Team,

Recently we migrated from the OS from Cent 7 to RHEL 8 version. Post
migration we are seeing high memory usage. Upon checking with RHEL team,
they are asking to fine tune the system for postgres and to configure huge
pages to improve the performance.

/etc/sysctl.conf
<snip>
vm.swappiness = 10
vm.dirty_expire_centisecs = 500
vm.dirty_writeback_centisecs = 250
vm.dirty_ratio = 15
vm.dirty_background_ratio = 3

Is this value recommended for all systems running postgres ? Please let me
know if it is fine to update this.

Regards,
Kanimozhi.