libpq equivalent of jdbc:default:connection

From: Jim McLaughlin <jomclaughlin(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: libpq equivalent of jdbc:default:connection
Date: 2014-12-11 16:48:04
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi all,

I am rewriting a pljava procedure in C++ with libpq. This procedure needs
to access some temp tables that the calling procedure creates and
populates. It seems that the connection created by PQconnectdb creates a
new connection (I have tried all permutations of conninfo I could think
of). Since the connection is new, the temp tables are not available
obviously. On the pljava side, we simply created a connection with
DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:default:connection"), which behaved
admirably. Is there a way to accomplish similar behavior with libpq?

Best,
Jim