Re: SQL Server access from PostgreSQL

From: Geoff Montee <geoff(dot)montee(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Filip Rembiałkowski <filip(dot)rembialkowski(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: SQL Server access from PostgreSQL
Date: 2015-05-18 16:23:32
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi Filip,

On Mon, May 18, 2015 at 7:52 AM, Filip Rembiałkowski
<filip(dot)rembialkowski(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I will be happy to hear your opinion which one is better - odbc_fdw or tds_fdw?
>
> In terms of performance / stability / convenience.
>
> (Pg on OpenSuse, MS SQL on Win2008 )
>
> Thanks!

I'm the developer of tds_fdw. I originally developed tds_fdw because I
wasn't able to get odbc_fdw working with FreeTDS. If you try out
odbc_fdw, hopefully you'll have better luck than I did!

If you decide to try out tds_fdw and you have any problems or run into
any bugs, feel free to ask for help on the GitHub page:

https://github.com/GeoffMontee/tds_fdw

Good luck!

Thanks,

Geoff