Re: Hierarchical Query Question (PHP)

From: David Blomstrom <david(dot)blomstrom(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com>
Cc: rod(at)iol(dot)ie, Andy Colson <andy(at)squeakycode(dot)net>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Hierarchical Query Question (PHP)
Date: 2015-10-30 22:38:19
Lists: pgsql-general

Ah, yes - "Execute SQL." It created the table this time. Awesome.

One other question - when I close the SQL window, it asks me if I want to
save the file. Is there any special reason for saving it? It looks like it
simply saved a copy of the query I executed.

On Fri, Oct 30, 2015 at 3:36 PM, Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com>
wrote:

> On 10/30/2015 03:29 PM, David Blomstrom wrote:
>
>> Thanks for the tips.
>>
>> In pgAdmin III, I can create a table step-by-step by choosing Edit >
>> Object > New Table
>>
>> But is there a pace for me to past in a block of code that creates the
>> table with just one process? If I click on the SQL icon, a SQL window
>> opens up, and I can past the code into SQL Editor, but I don't know how
>> to "activate" it; pressing ENTER does nothing.
>>

> http://pgadmin.org/docs/1.20/query.html
>
> The green arrow, menu Query --> Execute or F5, take your pick.
>

>> I'm following a pgAdmin tutorial, but this page appears to focus on the
>> terminal instead...
>>
>> http://pgadmin.org/docs/1.4/pg/tutorial-table.html
>>

> --
> Adrian Klaver