Re: Where do I enter commands?

From: David Blomstrom <david(dot)blomstrom(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com>
Cc: Rob Sargent <robjsargent(at)gmail(dot)com>, John R Pierce <pierce(at)hogranch(dot)com>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Where do I enter commands?
Date: 2015-10-25 14:57:48
Lists: pgsql-general

It's hard to imagine creating a table with a command-line tool - in the
step-by-step process I use with phpMyAdmin, that is. If you can learn the
proper syntax for creating a table and put together a script for a generic
table that you can easily modify, then maybe it would be a lot easier with
a command-line tool.

In phpMyAdmin, I've become accustomed to simply copying existing tables,
then adding, deleting and renaming columns as needed.

I can see PostgreSQL is going to have a learning curve - hopefully shorter
than the years it took me to learn MySQL - but it looks interesting. The
community seems painfully small compared to MySQL, and there are less
online resources. But I'm guessing that will change in the coming years. I
remember when CSS was a strange, foreign thing. ;)