Re: pgsql: Implement streaming mode in ReorderBuffer.

From: Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Amit Kapila <akapila(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-committers <pgsql-committers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pgsql: Implement streaming mode in ReorderBuffer.
Date: 2020-08-08 06:25:49
Lists: pgsql-committers

On Sat, Aug 8, 2020 at 11:03 AM Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> On Sat, Aug 8, 2020 at 7:59 AM Amit Kapila <akapila(at)postgresql(dot)org> wrote:
> >
> > Implement streaming mode in ReorderBuffer.
> >

> There is one failure [1] due to this commit. Looking into same.

The problem seems to be due to some parallel transactions (like
autovacuum) WAL which will be shown as an empty transaction as that
doesn't perform any Insert/Update/Delete to the non-catalog table. The
solution is to skip empty transactions while getting streamed changes.
We normally do this in other tests but missed doing it for the
streaming changes test. I'll push the fix in some time after some
verification.

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.