From: Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Hayato Kuroda (Fujitsu)" <kuroda(dot)hayato(at)fujitsu(dot)com>
Cc: "Drouvot, Bertrand" <bertranddrouvot(dot)pg(at)gmail(dot)com>, Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, Ashutosh Sharma <ashu(dot)coek88(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Synchronizing slots from primary to standby
Date: 2023-06-29 10:45:35
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Jun 29, 2023 at 3:52 PM Hayato Kuroda (Fujitsu)
<kuroda(dot)hayato(at)fujitsu(dot)com> wrote:

> Dear Drouvot,
>
> Hi, I'm also interested in the feature. Followings are my high-level comments.
> I did not mention some detailed notations because this patch is not at the stage.
> And very sorry that I could not follow all of this discussions.
>
> 1. I thought that we should not reuse logical replication launcher for another purpose.
> The background worker should have only one task. I wanted to ask opinions some other people...

IIUC, the launcher will launch the sync slot workers corresponding to
slots that need sync on standby and apply workers for active
subscriptions on primary (which will be a subscriber in this context).
If this is correct, then do you expect to launch a separate kind of
standby launcher for sync slots?

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.