Re: One PostgreSQL server for multiple apps?

From: Pandu Poluan <pandu(at)poluan(dot)info>
To: Sean Davis <sdavis2(at)mail(dot)nih(dot)gov>
Cc: pgsql <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: One PostgreSQL server for multiple apps?
Date: 2014-02-23 15:37:09
Lists: pgsql-novice

Thanks for the confirmation.

I have been reading around, and it seems (CMIIW) that in PostgreSQL, a
'database' is similar to a SQL Server instance, while to create separate
databases within an 'instance', I need to create 'schemas'.

Am I reading this right?

There is another question, is it possible to limit the resources used by
separate instances/databases so that different apps don't start to step on
each others' toes?

Rgds,