Re: Install Postgresql on Linux Mint 15 Olivia

From: Thom Brown <thom(at)linux(dot)com>
To: Guillermo Segalerba <g(dot)segalerba90(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-pkg-debian(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Install Postgresql on Linux Mint 15 Olivia
Date: 2013-09-18 15:52:22
Lists: pgsql-pkg-debian

On 18 September 2013 14:59, Guillermo Segalerba <g(dot)segalerba90(at)gmail(dot)com>wrote:

> Good Morning, im trying to install Postgresql 9.3 on Linux Mint 15, Olivia
> distribution and I was not able to download it, according to a shell script
> downloaded of
>
> https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Apt
>
> The returned error was
>
> *This script will enable the PostgreSQL APT repository on
> apt.postgresql.org on*
> *your system. The distribution codename used will be olivia-pgdg.*
> *
> *
> *Your system is using the distribution codename olivia, but olivia-pgdg*
> *does not seem to be a valid distribution on*
> *http://apt.postgresql.org/pub/repos/apt/dists/*
> *
> *
> *We abort the installation here. Please ask on the mailing list for
> assistance.*
> *
> *
> *pgsql-pkg-debian(at)postgresql(dot)org*
>

> I would appreciate any asistance in this subject, currently im using
> Postgresql 9.1.3 that seems to be the latest version i was able to install.

Linux Mint is based on Ubuntu (unless you happen to be using a Debian-based
version which they also provide), and Linux Mint 15 (Olivia) is equivalent
to Ubuntu 13.04 (Raring Ringtail).

So instead of the codename "olivia" you would normally use "raring", but
only Ubuntu LTS is supported, so you could try "precise" instead.

--
Thom