Migrate2Postgres - A new tool for migration from other DBMSs

From: Igal Sapir <igal(at)lucee(dot)org>
To: "Psql_General (E-mail)" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Migrate2Postgres - A new tool for migration from other DBMSs
Date: 2018-02-19 06:37:41
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi everybody,

I published a tool that makes it easy to migrate a database from other
DBMSs to Postgres:
https://github.com/isapir/Migrate2Postgres

Currently it supports migrations from MS SQL Server, but it is written in a
way that will make it easy to migrate from other DBMSs as well.

I also published a video (didn't spend too much time editing it, sorry)
with an overview and a demo of migrating the AdventureWorld database, which
is one of the MS SQL Server sample databases. The migration itself takes
about a minute. The overview of the tool and the explanations take longer:
https://youtu.be/5eF9_UB73TI

For the impatient, this is the point in the video where I start using the
tool (so you can watch that first and then later watch the overview and the
configuration options from the beginning);
https://youtu.be/5eF9_UB73TI?t=9m51s

Feedback welcome! Thank you,

Igal