Re: How to output psql to file AND screen/console

From: Edwin UY <edwin(dot)uy(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Erik Wienhold <ewie(at)ewie(dot)name>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: How to output psql to file AND screen/console
Date: 2024-02-07 19:13:53
Lists: pgsql-admin

H Erik,

Thanks for noting that statement from the doc.

Sorry I didn't mention I am running the script as \i [sqlfile]

More often than not, I do a \conninfo first to confirm which database I am
connecting to just to be safe. Wanting to redirect that information to the
output file is for reference in case there's an issue and I needed to prove
that I am indeed connected to the right database/host based on \conninfo.

At the moment, using script [outfile] and \o | tee [outfile]. The latter
produces a cleaner output. Will search if there is a SQL that will give a
similar output to \conninfo or do you happen to have one :-)