Reference to - BUG #18349: ERROR: invalid DSA memory alloc request size 1811939328, CONTEXT: parallel worker

From: Craig Milhiser <craig(at)milhiser(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Reference to - BUG #18349: ERROR: invalid DSA memory alloc request size 1811939328, CONTEXT: parallel worker
Date: 2024-09-22 11:58:41
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Has the referenced bug in this discussion[1] been released? The discussion
mentions it was fixed. I read the release notes but do not recognize this
fix as documented. I do not want to hijack that thread.

I am using v16.3 - AWS Aurora. I have opened a support case with AWS also.

I have 4 queries that get this error message. The symptoms are the same -
thousands of temp files are created before the error is returned. Just
because I am getting the same error/symptoms does not mean it is the same
problem. If the fix has been released I can check against the AWS Aurora
version with their support staff.

I investigated one of the queries so far. When I turn off parallel
execution this query completes.

I am working on a reproducible example to send to the community. The query
is sensitive to the values in the predicates. Most of the time these
queries work. So far, I have not been able to get an MRE but still working
on it.

Thanks
Craig

[1]