pgpool 2 rotate logs

From: Mariel Cherkassky <mariel(dot)cherkassky(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: pgpool 2 rotate logs
Date: 2018-02-18 15:19:08
Lists: pgsql-performance

Hi,
I have installed pgpool 2 version 3.7.0 . I'm trying to configure log
rotation on the pgpool.log but It seems that something wrong. I configured
in logrotate conf file the parameters :

/PostgreSQL/pgpool/log/pgpool.log {

daily

dateext

missingok

compress

notifempty

maxage 7

maxsize 21118320640

rotate 7

create 644 postgres postgres

postrotate

su - postgres -c "~/pgpool/bin/pgpool reload"

endscript

}

After the first rotation, an archive is generated but the pool stops
writing to the original log. Any idea what can be the reason ?