Re: Oracle 11g to PostgreSQL 10 - Database Migration

From: Mariel Cherkassky <mariel(dot)cherkassky(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: soumik(dot)bhattacharjee(at)kpn(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-admin <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Oracle 11g to PostgreSQL 10 - Database Migration
Date: 2018-08-14 11:36:24
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi,
It is very depends on the structure of your database. Before starting try
to know everything about your database - schemas, object types and so on..
Ora2pg is a great tool but sometimes isnt enough for all migrations. Check
out oracle_fdw("dblink" to oracle database) and orafce (oracle internal
functions for postgresql).