Re: checkpoint occurs very often when vacuum full running

From: Mariel Cherkassky <mariel(dot)cherkassky(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Laurenz Albe <laurenz(dot)albe(at)cybertec(dot)at>
Cc: Sergei Kornilov <sk(at)zsrv(dot)org>, pgsql-admin(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: checkpoint occurs very often when vacuum full running
Date: 2018-11-17 11:36:21
Lists: pgsql-admin pgsql-performance

Hi Laurenz.
thank you for the explanation but I still got a few questions about this
subject :
1.By physical location of the data do you mean the location on disk of the
objects ? I mean i thought that the wal files containing the logical
changes , for example If I run an update then the wal file will contain the
update in some format. Can you explain then what exactly it contains and
what you meant by physical ?
2.So If the vacuum full stopped in some brutal way (kill -9 or the disk run
of space) does all the new data files that are created deleted or left on
the storage as orphan files ?

Thanks, Mariel.

‫בתאריך יום ה׳, 15 בנוב׳ 2018 ב-22:32 מאת ‪Laurenz Albe‬‏ <‪
laurenz(dot)albe(at)cybertec(dot)at‬‏>:‬