Re: postgresql unix socket connections

From: Mariel Cherkassky <mariel(dot)cherkassky(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Jeff Janes <jeff(dot)janes(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-performance(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: postgresql unix socket connections
Date: 2019-01-09 15:17:03
Lists: pgsql-performance

But in both of the machines I have the same os and I used the same
repository - postgresql rpm repository. The only difference is that in
machine 2 I also installed all pg 9.6 packages. Even When I try to use
/usr/pgsql-9.2/bin/psql the psql still tries to access the
/var/run/run/postgresql dir as the socket dir. Does those packages include
a different libpq ? What postgres package change the libpq ?

‫בתאריך יום ד׳, 9 בינו׳ 2019 ב-17:13 מאת ‪Jeff Janes‬‏ <‪
jeff(dot)janes(at)gmail(dot)com‬‏>:‬