old cluster does not use data checksums but the new one does

From: Mariel Cherkassky <mariel(dot)cherkassky(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: old cluster does not use data checksums but the new one does
Date: 2019-05-05 11:32:46
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hey,
I'm trying to upgrade from PG9.6 to PG11.2 but I'm getting the following
error :

old cluster does not use data checksums but the new one does

As you can understand from the message, my old cluster doesnt use data
checksums and I want t enable this feature in the newer version. Is there
any way to handle it ?