Fwd: increase insert into local table from remote oracle table preformance

From: Mariel Cherkassky <mariel(dot)cherkassky(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Fwd: increase insert into local table from remote oracle table preformance
Date: 2018-08-13 20:35:05
Lists: pgsql-admin pgsql-performance

Hi,
I'm using postgresql v10.4. I have a local partitioned table (by range -
data, every day has its own table). I'm using the oracle_fdw extension to
bring data from the oracle partitioned table into my local postgresql
(insert into local select * from remote_oracle). Currently, I dont have any
indexes on the postgresql`s table. It takes me 10 hours to copy 200G over
the network and it is very slow.
Any recommandations what can I change or improve ?

Thanks , Mariel.