Re: Er Data Modeller for PostgreSQL

From: Nicolas Paris <niparisco(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Rich Shepard <rshepard(at)appl-ecosys(dot)com>
Cc: Forums postgresql <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Er Data Modeller for PostgreSQL
Date: 2016-12-29 10:17:04
Lists: pgsql-general

> On Wed, 28 Dec 2016, Adrian Klaver wrote:
>
> An example from my machine that works:
>> aklaver(at)tito:~/bin> java -jar schemaSpy_5.0.0.jar -t pgsql -s public -u
>> postgres -db production -host localhost -dp /home/aklaver/bin/postgresql-9.4.1212.jre6.jar
>> -o s_spy
>>

> Adrian,
>
> That's interesting. I specified my username, not postgres, since that's
> how I access the databases from the psql CLI. But, since I've resolved the
> issue to my satisfaction and deleted the schemaSpy subdirectory I've no
> incentive to try again.
>
> Time now to fill them thar tables with fake data so I can test as I
> develop.
>
> Happy new year to you,
>
> Rich
>

> --

​Hi I d'like to tell about Sql Power Architect (
http://www.sqlpower.ca/page/architect), an open-source software. Well
explained on the website but notice interessting feature such:
- comparing 2 database structure, and generating stmts to harmonize
differences in SQL or in liquibase ( http://www.liquibase.org/ )
​- infers the implicit FK with names
- multiplateform / multi database (absed on JDBC drivers)
- generate giant pdf for giant models

​Thanks for the link to the CLI shemaSpy, a pity the export is in html and
not reusable stuff like csv