postgres_fdw + presto

From: Nicolas Paris <niparisco(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Forums postgresql <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: postgres_fdw + presto
Date: 2016-09-04 14:14:50
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello,

Has anyone already tested to integrate presto (https://prestodb.io/) within
postgresql thought the postgres_fdw extension ?

Presto is a distributed SQL query engine able to scale horizontally on top
of hadoop, cassandra or mongodb.
Moreover, presto has a PostgreSQL protocol (
https://github.com/treasure-data/prestogres)

Since postgres_fdw allows predicate/join(coming in pg 9.6) push down, this
gateway sounds good to me, and I wonder if anyone started to look in that
direction ?

Thanks