CentOS initd Script

From: Kenaniah Cerny <kenaniah(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: CentOS initd Script
Date: 2012-09-12 06:41:16
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi all,

I would first like to thank everyone involved for all of the hard work that
goes into the postgres and the RPMs.I have a small request:

In the service script that gets installed to /etc/rc.d/init.d/, there is a
hard-coded value for PGPORT. Would it be possible to have this variable and
the corresponding -p flag set when calling postgres removed?

Explicitly specifying the port flag causes the port setting of
postgresql.conf to be ignored. When postgresql.conf does not have the port
explicitly defined, postgres falls back on the value of PGPORT, and
ultimately 5432 when PGPORT is not present in the environment.

My main use case for this request is concurrently running multiple versions
of postgresql on non-standard ports on the same box.

Thanks,
Kenaniah