Calling Procedure from another procedure in Postgres

From: "Muthukumar(dot)GK" <muthankumar(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Calling Procedure from another procedure in Postgres
Date: 2020-12-02 10:20:14
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi team,

I need to call the procedure(not function) and insert the records into a
temporary table from another procedure in postgres. When executing the
procedure 'Sampleproc2',I got some below syntax error. Kindly let me know
whether postgres supports this functionality or any other way of calling
the procedure from another procedure.

CREATE OR REPLACE PROCEDURE SampleProc1()

as $$

declare

c1 refcursor:='result1';

begin

open c1 for

select approverid,assigntoid,effstdt,effenddtfrom tblApproverreassign;

end;

$$

language plpgsql;

CREATE OR REPLACE PROCEDURE SampleProc2()

as $$

declare c1 refcursor:='result1';

begin

CREATE TEMP TABLE TMPApproverAssign

( approverid VARCHAR(10),

assigntoid VARCHAR(10),

effstdt timestamptz,

effenddt timestamptz

) ON COMMIT DROP;

INSERT INTO TMPApproverAssign

*CALL SampleProc1(); *

open c1 for

select approverid,assigntoid,effstdt,effenddtfrom TMPApproverAssign;

end;

$$

language plpgsql;

Error : syntax error at or near "CALL"