Re: Error while trying to install in 3.11

From: Daniele Varrazzo <daniele(dot)varrazzo(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: David Raymond <David(dot)Raymond(at)tomtom(dot)com>
Cc: Psycopg <psycopg(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Error while trying to install in 3.11
Date: 2022-11-01 18:08:46
Lists: psycopg

On Tue, 1 Nov 2022, 17:22 David Raymond, <David(dot)Raymond(at)tomtom(dot)com> wrote:

> I just install Python 3.11, and am trying to install psycopg2 with pip and
> am getting errors.
> Seems to install just fine when I go back to 3.10, but 3.11 is giving me
> errors.
>
> Seems to be the same error whether I'm trying to install psycopg2 or
> psycopg2-binary.
>
> This is on Windows. Below is the copy/paste of the pip output for trying
> both psycopg2 and psycopg2-binary
>

> [...]

Hello,

Psycopg2 packages for Python 3.11 for Windows have not been released yet,
because we are waiting for Appveyor to release their build images.

You can follow the development on
https://github.com/psycopg/psycopg2/issues/1514

Psycopg3 packages for Windows have been released already, because they
build on GitHub instead.

Cheers

-- Danielr