Connection pool branch merged in psycopg3

From: Daniele Varrazzo <daniele(dot)varrazzo(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: psycopg(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Connection pool branch merged in psycopg3
Date: 2021-03-12 16:10:02
Lists: psycopg

Hello,

I have just merged the connection pool branch to main in psycopg3. I
am very happy about this object and I think it's an immense
improvement compared to psycopg2 pool. The documentation is already
online:

- behaviour description:
https://www.psycopg.org/psycopg3/docs/advanced/pool.html
- API: https://www.psycopg.org/psycopg3/docs/api/pool.html

In the next days I would like to create an installation for load
testing and to showcase the metrics that can be obtained from it.

I would welcome any feedback about its design, implementation,
documentation. I would also like to thank everyone who already gave a
feedback, in the previous conversations about its design: receiving it
was immensely valuable and a great guide. Thank you!

-- Daniele