Re: HTML/PDF Build Errors

From: Sarah Conway Schnurr <xenophenes42(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Cc: "pgadmin-support lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgadmin-support(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: HTML/PDF Build Errors
Date: 2018-12-21 15:04:35
Lists: pgadmin-support

> Is your Sphinx an RPM installation? If so, they may have split that
> theme out into a different package. We always install using PIP, which
> works fine in every case I know of.

No, it's installed through pip as well. Might it be version specific? I'm
on the latest version supported by pip, Sphinx v1.1.3.

> > sed -i "/html_theme = 'classic'/d" docs/en_US/conf.py
> >
> > The PDF errors as mentioned previously in detail are additionally
> reproducible in the community packages from Git for 3.2, 3.6, and HEAD.
> >
> > ! Use of \(at)icentercr doesn't match its definition.
>
> Yeah, I see that as well. There's something in the doc source that is
> getting converted into invalid TEX I think. I have no idea what
> though, as I haven't really used TEX directly in 20+ years. It seems
> like a Sphinx bug, in that it's quite happy with the input for other
> formats, but barfs on anything that uses TEX.
>
> Do you know anyone that is familiar with TEX that might be able to
> help? Maybe Joe?

I'll do some research and see if I can determine what syntax it might be
unhappy about; if able to figure it out, will follow up here with the fix.

Thanks!
--
Sarah Conway Schnurr