Re: BDR and Backup and Recovery

From: Will McCormick <wmccormick(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Jim Nasby <Jim(dot)Nasby(at)bluetreble(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BDR and Backup and Recovery
Date: 2015-11-18 16:54:20
Lists: pgsql-general

Re-sending to group as well Jim :D

Regarding testing backups, Well said Jim. Thanks for taking the time to
respond. I will test regularly whatever we decide to put in place.

The below is from the 0.9.3 BDR documentation:

"Because logical replication is only supported in streaming mode (rather
than WAL archiving) it isn't suitable for point-in-time recovery. Logical
replication may be used in conjunction with streaming physical replication
and/or PITR, though; it is not necessary to choose one or the other."

Am I misinterpreting that BDR uses Logical Decoding and as such I cannot
perform PITR?