Re: Requiring LLVM 14+ in PostgreSQL 18

From: Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter(at)eisentraut(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Nazir Bilal Yavuz <byavuz81(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Requiring LLVM 14+ in PostgreSQL 18
Date: 2024-10-02 02:36:35
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Oct 1, 2024 at 11:23 PM Peter Eisentraut <peter(at)eisentraut(dot)org> wrote:
> I have committed the two remaining patches. I'll go nudge any affected
> buildfarm members to upgrade as needed.

Thanks!

FWIW next on my list of LLVM maintenance work are: fix ARM crash in
the next week or so (CF #5220), and figure out which patches need to
go where for JITLink, a small required API change for LLVM 20, unless
someone else is interested in working on that soon (there was a
patch[1] but the thread has gone quiet).

[1] https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/20220829074622.2474104-1-alex.fan.q%40gmail.com