Re: PG buildfarm member cisticola

From: Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
Cc: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>, huchangqi(at)loongson(dot)cn, pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PG buildfarm member cisticola
Date: 2024-08-02 01:27:53
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Jul 25, 2024 at 8:38 PM Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz> wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 24, 2024 at 01:09:22PM +0200, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> > Hmm, it appears that these symbols did not exist in 1.1.1g, and since
> > neither of them is invoked directly by the Postgres code, maybe the
> > reason for this is that the OpenSSL headers being used do not correspond
> > to the library being linked.

Yeah, the OpenSSL 3.x header ssl.h contains:

/* Deprecated in 3.0.0 */
# ifndef OPENSSL_NO_DEPRECATED_3_0
# define SSL_get_peer_certificate SSL_get1_peer_certificate
# endif

PostgreSQL uses the name on the left, but OpenSSL 1.x library does not
contain the symbol on the right with the 1 in it. Part of a strategy
for deprecating that API, but perhaps on that OS it is possible to
install both OpenSSL versions, and something extra is needed for the
header search path and library search path to agree? I don't know
what Loongnix is exactly, but it has the aura of a RHEL-derivative.