Re: Segmentation fault during update inside ExecBRUpdateTriggers

From: Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Subject: Re: Segmentation fault during update inside ExecBRUpdateTriggers
Date: 2019-08-15 23:35:39
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Fri, Aug 16, 2019 at 11:26 AM Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:
> I wrote:
> > [ thinks some more... ] Actually, I'm beginning to recall that
> > we made changes here because v11 plpgsql is capable of actually
> > returning "trigtuple" where before it would always have made a copy.
> > If that's accurate, then very likely the bug exists further back
> > but requires some other PL than plpgsql to manifest.
>
> As I suspected ... the attached test case crashes 9.4 through 11.
> We already had some problems in this area, which is why a suitable
> trigger is already at hand in regress.c.

Ah, I see. I had written a test patch that uses plpgsql (attached for
posterity) but yours is better because it crashes more releases. I
will now get out of your way :-)

--
Thomas Munro
https://enterprisedb.com

Attachment Content-Type Size
0001-Fix-double-free-when-one-trigger-passes-OLD-to-anoth.patch application/octet-stream 3.7 KB