Re: BUG #17368: Assert failed in GetSafeSnapshot() for SERIALIZABLE READ ONLY DEFERRABLE transaction

From: Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Alexander Lakhin <exclusion(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #17368: Assert failed in GetSafeSnapshot() for SERIALIZABLE READ ONLY DEFERRABLE transaction
Date: 2023-03-08 20:50:08
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Thu, Mar 9, 2023 at 9:00 AM Alexander Lakhin <exclusion(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> Just in case you find a test for the fix useful, maybe the attached
> patch could be added to the commit.
> (It triggers the assert on unpatched master.)

I was wondering about that. I like the test and I was using exactly
that + also some other techniques while working on the fix, but the
point of that particular test spec is to show a variation of the
standard example from the read-only-anomaly paper. Hmm, yeah, that's
not a problem, I can just add the extra schedule with a comment to
explain. Will do. Thanks!