Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: Windows Application Issues | PostgreSQL | REF # 48475607

From: Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Haifang Wang (Centific Technologies Inc)" <v-haiwang(at)microsoft(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Rahul Pandey <pandeyrah(at)microsoft(dot)com>, Vishwa Deepak <Vishwa(dot)Deepak(at)microsoft(dot)com>, Shawn Steele <Shawn(dot)Steele(at)microsoft(dot)com>, Amy Wishnousky <amyw(at)microsoft(dot)com>, "pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>, Shweta Gulati <gulatishweta(at)microsoft(dot)com>, Ashish Nawal <nawalashish(at)microsoft(dot)com>, Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Subject: Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: Windows Application Issues | PostgreSQL | REF # 48475607
Date: 2024-06-05 06:20:26
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Tue, Jun 4, 2024 at 12:13 PM Haifang Wang (Centific Technologies
Inc) <v-haiwang(at)microsoft(dot)com> wrote:
> Thanks, Tom. Is there any suggestion on how to track all the conversations in one thread? Seems like all our previous discussion are in different mail thread. It is not easy to track. 😊

FWIW this shows up as one thread in my email client, and in the
PostgreSQL archives website[1]. I don't know much about email and
which RFCs or conventions are at work here, but apparently different
clients are using different techniques to identify threads. I assume
it could be done with thread headers (as seen in this thread) or
reply-to chains or fuzzy recognition of subject etc. Given that
Outlook seems to ignore the "> " inline response quoting convention
used by the rest of the internet, it wouldn't surprise me to hear that
it also doesn't follow the conventions for recognising threads either,
being a sort of related topic.

[1] https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/PH8PR21MB3902F334A3174C54058F792CE5182%40PH8PR21MB3902.namprd21.prod.outlook.com