Re: BUG #18503: Reproducible 'Segmentation fault' in 16.3 on ARM64

From: Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Stefan Heine <github(dot)stheine(at)heine7(dot)de>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #18503: Reproducible 'Segmentation fault' in 16.3 on ARM64
Date: 2024-06-12 21:41:05
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Thu, Jun 13, 2024 at 1:47 AM Stefan Heine <github(dot)stheine(at)heine7(dot)de> wrote:
> do you have instructions for the gdb backtrace?

gdb /path/to/executable -c /path/to/core
... loads stuff ...
(gdb) bt
... prints out function call stack ...

It will probably just show some library names and addresses, but so
far we don't even know if this is crashing in LLVM or in PostgreSQL
code so that'd be a clue. Maybe function names would appear if you
set up DEBUGINFOD_URLS, depending on where you got your packages from:

https://wiki.debian.org/HowToGetABacktrace

Hoping to find time to repro this later on a cloud host. If this is a
cloud host, can you tell me which cloud, instance type, memory size
etc? I had already been trying on some local ARM hardware with no
luck (same versions but diferrent OS, so going to try making more
things match you case)...