Re: pg_Restore

From: Raghavendra <raghavendra(dot)rao(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: bhanu udaya <udayabhanu1984(at)hotmail(dot)com>
Cc: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, François Beausoleil <francois(at)teksol(dot)info>, "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pg_Restore
Date: 2013-01-21 10:11:18
Lists: pgadmin-support pgsql-general

On Mon, Jan 21, 2013 at 3:01 PM, bhanu udaya <udayabhanu1984(at)hotmail(dot)com>wrote:

> Hello,
> Greetings !
> I tried with all the below options. It approximatly takes 1 hour 30
> minutes for restoring a 9GB database. This much time can not be affordable
> as the execution of test cases take only 10% of this whole time and waiting
> 1 hour 30 minutes after every test case execution is alot for the
> team. Kindly let me know if we can reduce the database restoration time .

On linux, below settings work well using using -j option of pg_restore.
Since its windows, give another try with below option.(as already best
suggested in this email).

shared_buffers= 1024MB
work_mem= 512MB
maintenance_work_mem = 1GB
checkpoint_segments=(in between 128 - 256)
checkpoint_timeout=(default is 15mns make to 1h)
autovacuum=off
track_counts=off
fsync=off
full_page_writes=off
synchronous_commit=off
bgwriter_delay=(default 200ms, change to 50ms)

---
Regards,
Raghavendra
EnterpriseDB Corporation