Listening ip in postgres database cluster

From: Erik Serrano <eserranos(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Listening ip in postgres database cluster
Date: 2022-12-28 15:58:14
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hello guys,

I have a question, it happens that I have a monitoring web application that
connects to my postgresql onpremise database... so far so good, however I
need to do a HA cluster replication between the databases and the tests I
have done have worked in my laboratory.
However, I have 2 nodes that replicate with different ips... but my
application should only see one ip, and when it changes due to failover it
stops seeing the server and I must change it manually and restore it when I
do the switchover (go back or normalize the database cluster) .
I would like to know if there is any open source application, script or
configuration that allows switching the IPs in case of failover...
something like a listener (sqlserver) but postgres.

I would greatly appreciate if you can give me ideas to solve this problem
to set up a laboratory and solve the problem.

Thank you very much guys in advance
regards

*Erik R. Serrano Saavedra*
*Ingeniero de Sistemas Informáticos*
* Data Base Administrator*

* eserranos(at)gmail(dot)com <eserranos(at)gmail(dot)com>*
* 998596691*