Table/Parition Level Compression in Postgres

From: Jagmohan Kaintura <jagmohan(at)tecorelabs(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-generallists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Table/Parition Level Compression in Postgres
Date: 2022-02-16 12:40:29
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi Team,

We have a requirement where we wanted to keep the partitions holding the
old data into compressed format and the partition having the current data
in the non-compressed format.

While looking over the compression aspects in Pg 14 we have some
compression introduced for the column level with some compression methods.

Is there any other way using which we can compress the partitions data
which can be even moved to different tablespace.

We have a implementation where we wanted to keep the 80% old data in the
compressed format as we have millions of processed CDRs.

--
*Best Regards,*
Jagmohan