INSERT ALL with DML ERROR Logging replacement in PostgreSQL

From: Jagmohan Kaintura <jagmohan(at)tecorelabs(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-generallists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: INSERT ALL with DML ERROR Logging replacement in PostgreSQL
Date: 2022-06-21 07:08:14
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi Team,
We are working on a project where we are moving from Oracle to PostgreSQL
and working on a migration tool which mostly have statements for inserting
the records which are correct and logging the errors in error table using
ORACLE inbuilt statement for INSERT ALL with DML ERROR logging.

As part of the postgresql best practices, what approach are we taking to
move these types of statements in Postgresql as we don't have any such
equivalent mechanism to load correct data in the main table and error
record in error table with error reason.

The statements mostly used are -->
INSERT ALL INTO
target_table
(COLUMN LIST)
VALUES()
LOG ERROR INTO ...
SELECT statement considering the source tables;

)
Can anyone please help me with what could be the best approach to convert
this in the tool.

--
*Best Regards,*
Jagmohan